Nursing is the Science and Art, very often, sorely focusing on the aspect of science becomes the detriment of the art, and art is what lifts our spirit. Nursing is a healing art, and anything less than that is not worthy of our endeavour. Modern nursing should be the combination of very solid science and a very creative aspect of art.
The Mission of the Australian Holistic Nurses Association (AHNA) is to
- Illuminate holism in nursing practice, research, and education
- Act as a body of knowledge for its practitioners
- Advocate with policymakers and regulatory bodies
- Educate Australians on the benefits of Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) and integrative health care
AHNA's vision is a world where every nurse is a holistic nurse.
- Increase AHNA membership and expand influence on holistic nursing in Australian healthcare
- Increase and unify holistic and integrative research, practice, and education opportunities
- Strengthen and empower the voice of holistic nursing